Author Archives: Warrick

Beware of Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training course scams

Complete Hospitality Training (CHT) have recently been receiving a high volume of calls from students, with no previous Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training,  who have completed a non-accredited online RSA training course.  These students have been led to believe that this course qualifies them to work in licensed premises in Victoria. Unfortunately, this is […]

Posted in Latest News | Comments closed

How to score that awesome Bar Job 

  So, you’ve completed your bar course and earned your RSA Certificate. Well done. Here at Complete Hospitality Training we definitely know a thing or two about what comes next in order to lock in an awesome bar job. By completing your bartending course you have taken the first and most important step towards finding a job as a nationally recognised and competent bartender. Bartending jobs require three main […]

Posted in Latest News | Comments closed

RSA Melbourne Update

Keeping up-to-date with your RSA in Melbourne One of the key components in the RSA Course we deliver in Melbourne is ‘refusal of service.’   The two main groups that you cannot serve in the industry are minors and intoxicated patrons. So how can you tell if the person ordering alcohol from you is of legal […]

Posted in Latest News | Comments closed

Do RSA certificates expire?

RSA certificates issued in Victoria do not expire as such, however, licensees and staff subject to mandatory RSA requirements will need to complete an online refresher course every three years. 3 years after your RSA certificate is issued, the RSA number on the certificate becomes obsolete, and so it is important to refresh your RSA […]

Posted in Latest News | Comments closed

Who Needs A Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Course?

Anyone who intends to work in licensed premises will need to complete an accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol course.  This includes bartenders, floor staff, promotions staff, managers, supervisors, function and event staff, licensees, security officers and volunteers. Although completion of the RSA is a requirement Australia wide, each state has it’s own different requirements which […]

Posted in Responsible Service of Alcohol | Tagged , , , | Comments closed

How do I get my Bar & Gaming License?

We hear this question quite often… There’s actually no such thing as a bar and gaming license. What people are confusing this with is the RSA Course (Responsible Service of Alcohol) and the gaming licence. The RSA certificate is necessary to secure employment in the bar and hospitality industry. If you don’t have any practical skills, the […]

Posted in Latest News | Comments closed